This section contains medical information and is intended for healthcare professionals only.Back to client website
Post Stroke Patients
Several recent studies have shown that hyperbaric oxygen (HBO₂) therapy carry cognitive and motor therapeutic effects for patients with acquired brain injuries. The results indicate that HBOT can lead to significant neurological improvements in post stroke patients even at chronic late stages.The observed clinical improvements imply that neuroplasticity can still be activated long after damage onset in regions where there is a brain SPECT/CT (anatomy/physiology) mismatch.
Data and Studies from The Sagol Center (2)
- Improvement of Memory Impairments in Post stroke Patients by Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Neuropsychology 29, no. 4 (Jul 2015): 610-21.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Induces Late Neuroplasticity in Post Stroke Patients--Randomized, Prospective Trial
PLoS One 8, no. 1 (2013): e53716.
More Studies (3)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in the Treatment of Acute Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Systematic Review
J Neurotrauma 35, no. 4 (Feb 15 2018): 623-29.
- Ischaemia-Reperfusion Injury and Hyperbaric Oxygen Pathways: A Review of Cellular Mechanisms
Diving Hyperb Med 47, no. 2 (Jun 2017): 110-17.
- The Effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy on Functional Impairments Caused by Ischemic Stroke
Neurol Res Int 2018 (2018): 3172679.