This section contains medical information and is intended for healthcare professionals only.Back to client website
Fibromyalgia – Chronic Pain Syndrome
Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) is a persistent and debilitating disorder estimated to impair the quality of life of 2–4% of the population, with 9:1 female-to-male incidence ratio. FMS is an important representative example of central nervous system sensitization and is associated with abnormal brain activity.Recent studies provides evidence that HBOT can improve the symptoms and life quality of FMS patients. It shows that HBOT can induce neuroplasticity and significantly rectify abnormal brain activity in pain related areas of FMS patients.
Data and Studies from The Sagol Center (5)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Diminish Fibromyalgia Syndrome–Prospective Clinical Trial
PLoS One 10, no. 5 (2015): e0127012.
- Building up the Pressure on Chronic Pain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 34, no. 2 Suppl 96 (Mar-Apr 2016): S3-5.
- Recovery of Repressed Memories in Fibromyalgia Patients Treated with Hyperbaric Oxygen – Case Series Presentation and Suggested Bio-Psycho-Social Mechanism
Front Psychol 9 (2018): 848.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Induce Neuroplasticity and Significant Clinical Improvement in Patients Suffering from Fibromyalgia with a History of Childhood Sexual Abuse-Randomized Controlled Trial
Front Psychol 9 (2018): 2495.
- Brain and Mind Integration: Childhood Sexual Abuse Survivors Experiencing Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment and Psychotherapy Concurrently
Front Psychol 9 (2018): 2535.
More Studies (6)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment of Fibromyalgia: A Prospective Observational Clinical Study
Clin Exp Rheumatol 37 Suppl 116, no. 1 (Jan-Feb 2019): 63-69.
- The Role of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in Orthopedics and Rheumatological Diseases
Isr Med Assoc J 19, no. 7 (Jul 2017): 429-34.
- Neuromuscular Efficiency in Fibromyalgia Is Improved by Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Looking inside Muscles by Means of Surface Electromyography
Clin Exp Rheumatol 37 Suppl 116, no. 1 (Jan-Feb 2019): 75-80.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: A New Treatment for Chronic Pain?
Pain Pract 16, no. 5 (Jun 2016): 620-8.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Decreases Inflammation and Mechanical Hypersensitivity in an Animal Model of Inflammatory Pain
Brain Res 1098, no. 1 (Jul 7 2006): 126-8.
- A New Treatment Modality for Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
J Int Med Res 32, no. 3 (May-Jun 2004): 263-7.